When your Southern Alberta home or office has water damage from flooding or leaks, the Craftsmen Group has the expertise and equipment to properly restore your property. The water removal and water cleanup process is completed by our highly-trained technicians in a prompt, professional manner.
Water damage – be it from internal flooding or external natural flooding – can be an extremely dangerous situation for you, your family, your neighbors and your pets. Prior to doing anything in and around your house you must assess the danger situation at hand. Is it safe to stay in your house? Be especially careful of electrical issues as well as all potentially slippery surfaces. Additionally, wet items and materials can be very heavy when water logged
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (403) 262-1230
What Should I Do After I’ve contacted the Craftsmen Group
- As described above, assess the safety of your situation. If you determine it as dangerous, remove everyone from the premises and await the arrival of The Craftsmen Group’s professional cleanup staff. If you determine it safe to remain onsite, proceed with the following steps.
- If possible, remove excess water using on-hand pumps, mops, etc.
- Remove easily removable valuable items that are threatened by the water.
- Turn on air conditioning and fans to attempt to limit mould growth.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don’t ignore obvious signs of the situation changing. If there is natural flooding and rain continues to fall, be aware of rising area water levels.
- Don’t use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water.
- Don’t use any electrical items that you don’t have to.